Who doesn’t like Gummies? They were everyone’s favorite candy growing up. Now this timeless treat has been divinely upgraded.
Originally posted Febuary 6, 2016 on The Stoner’s Cookbook. By Phalisha Jackson
Weed Chefs gives us the perfect combination for the best weed gummy bears. And the best part, they are really easy to make. This recipe requires the concentrate to be Decarboxylate first. But other than that, you’re all good to go. Here’s what you need:
- 1 3-OZ Package Jell-O Gelatin packet Choose your favorite flavor
- 4 packets Plain Gelatin
- 1/2 Cup Cold Filtered Water
- 6 Grams 6Gs Decarboxylated Hash Oil Warmed for thin viscosity
- 1-3 tsp Vegetable Glycerin
1. Prep candy molds by spraying with non-stick spray. Combine flavored and unflavored gelatin and cold water in a small saucepan. Stir until well mixed. Place over medium heat and stir constantly until mixture becomes liquid. The mixture should be around 180º F and no higher!
2. Stir in 6 grams of decarboxylated hash oil (or however much you have on hand) and mix thoroughly. You can see the dark bits of oil in the mixture. Stir in 1 tsp of vegetable glycerin to help the oil and gelatin mixture blend. Use up to 3 tsp glycerin to help keep things blended. There’s enough glycerin when you see no separation of oil and Jell-o when standing for approx 1-2 minutes.
3. Use a turkey baster to draw up liquid for easy placement in candy molds.
4. Place molds in the fridge to cool for approx 20 minutes. Remove from molds and dust lightly with cornstarch and/or citric acid powder (for tartness) to keep them from sticking to each other.
To make them last longer than a couple weeks: store in the refrigerator. These will get moldy pretty quickly being that they’re just gelatin and sugar. Better still is to freeze the treats, as they’ll last the longest this way. Just remember to take them out of the freezer the night before you want to enjoy these candies.